What happens on the course?
The course is very practical and runs over 2 consecutive weekends
This teaching is done via a zoom meeting, this lets students from around the country (and sometimes world) take part - and there's an online graduation show on the Monday evening after the end of the course open to friends, relatives and the public. The students perform for
up to 10 minutes in the showcase. There is then a further showcase
in a venue, when covid regulations allow for this to happen.
The Course Covers:
- What is comic timing and how to perfect it
- How to create a full routine
- How to MC and host a show - the different skill set
- How to progress in the current comedy industry
- How full-time comedians approach comedy
- How to build up your material
The mantra for the course is: “It is not by luck professional comedians are funny!”
You can be taught how to be funny, but it’s up to you how funny you want to be. That’s down to the work you put in, but you should know what that work
Comedy can seem a big unfathomable task. But with the right coaching and guidance, Stand-up Comedy will be easier and far more enjoyable and can become addictive.